Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Champions League football........or should I say FA Cup football


The Champions League is not very interesting anymore. There are too many teams from the big leagues which makes it quite boring. This year there will most likely be three teams from England in the semi-finals. To me that's a damn shame, I might as well watch the FA Cup. I want to see a good variation of teams and preferably just the league's champions. They didn't name it that for nothing. Of course the quality of the games is better with all the top teams from Europe performing in this cup, but there's little room for upsets from the smaller countries. I was glad to see Monaco and Porto reach the final a couple years ago just to see different teams do well. Besides the fact there are too many teams in the Champions League from one country, it's not really special earning qualification in Spain, England and Italy anymore. I might just be frustrated that the teams I wanted to win did not, but I really hope in the next couple of years there will be some changes in this European Cup.

1 comment:

Derz said...

I disagree. The Champions League is for those real Blockbuster games! Where the big clubs in Europe collide. Those mouthwatering clashes! Which semi-final would you rather watch...Man Utd V AC Milan or Blackburn V Chelsea. Exactly. There is something great about a mid-week prime-time blockbuster that you can just sit in front of the TV with a beer or three and watch STARS goto work. Quality football. The Champions League should not be altered much from what it currently is...