Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"..I smoke on the mic like smokin Joe Frazier.."


There's a whole bunch of rappers that I enjoy listening to and today I would put the main focus on an underrated Clansmen. They call him the Rebel INS, Rollie Fingers, but most people know him as Inspectah Deck from the Wu-tang Clan. I really like his style, the way he uses multies and structures his raps. I will pick 5 tracks that are true highlights to me and that show me the potential Deck got.


1. C.R.E.A.M

It's been twenty-two long hard years of still strugglin
Survival got me buggin, but I'm alive on arrival I peep at the shape of the streets And stay awake to the ways of the world cause shit is deep A man with a dream with plans to make C.R.E.A.M. Which failed; I went to jail at the age of 15 A young buck sellin drugs and such who never had much Trying to get a clutch at what I could not... could not... The court played me short, now I face incarceration Pacin -- going up state's my destination Handcuffed in back of a bus, forty of us Life as a shorty shouldn't be so ruff But as the world turns I learned life is hell Living in the world no different from a cell Everyday I escape from Jakes givin chase, sellin base Smokin bones in the staircase Though I don't know why I chose to smoke sess I guess that's the time when I'm not depressed But I'm still depressed, and I ask what's it worth? Ready to give up so I seek the Old Earth Who explained working hard may help you maintain to learn to overcome the heartaches and pain We got stickup kids, corrupt cops, and crack rocks and stray shots, all on the block that stays hot Leave it up to me while I be living proof To kick the truth to the young black youth But shorty's running wild smokin sess drinkin beer And ain't trying to hear what I'm kickin in his ear Neglected, but now, but yo, it gots to be accepted That what? That life is hectic

2. A Better Tomorrow

Yo, in the housing, thousands seen early graves
Victims of wordly ways, memories stays engraved All my live brothers, is locked down with high numbers The young hunger, blind to these lies, they die younger In this New World the Order slaughter men, women, and children Ten feet gates surround the building keep us sealed in The projects, lifeless like a vietnam vet Constant war, sever threats of enemy conquest Crooked cops comb my building complex that's in the rumble Streets are like a jungle, can't let my cypher crumble Vivid thoughts, Devils resort to trick knowledge They kick garbage, lust for chicks and quick dollars I know the pain the game bring, I did the same thing Spaced out in the staircase, performing a sting It's hard to keep control, I bless those who seek a scroll Trying to reach a whole nation and break the sleeper hold Not a role model, I walk a hard road to follow I sold bottles of sorrow then chose poems and novels The gospel was told, some souls it swallowed whole Mentally they fold, and they eventually sold their life and times, deadly like the virus design but too, minute to dilute, the scientist mind

3. Above the Clouds (Gangstarr)


Yeah; I leave scientists mentally scarred, triple extra large
Wild like rock stars who smash guitars Poison bars from the Gods bust holes in your mirage and catch a charge shake em down like the riot squad Invade your zone, ruin like ancient Rome I span the universe and return to Earth to claim my throne The maker, owner, plus soul controller Ayatollah rest in the sky, the cloud's my sofa Stand like Collossus, regardless to whom or what Numerous attempts at my life, so who to trust Who but us, to supply you with the fire? The burning truth, 150 Absolut proof On the mic like Moses spoke in golden scribe Survivor of the oldest tribe whose soldiers died I notified families, we shed tears and more but our hands are the ammo cause the battle's still on Sound the horn; we come rumblin through the function Precise laser beam technique to touch somethin When we die hard, to build the monument to honor us with Humungous effect in the world - we could have conquered it

4. Triumph


I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these mockeries, lyrically perform armed robbery Flee with the lottery, possibly they spotted me Battle-scarred shogun, explosion when my pen hits tremendous, ultra-violet shine blind forensics I inspect you, through the future see millenium Killa B's sold fifty gold sixty platinum Shacklin the masses with drastic rap tactics Graphic displays melt the steel like blacksmiths Black Wu jackets queen B's ease the guns in Rumble with patrolmen, tear gas laced the function Heads by the score take flight incite a war Chicks hit the floor, diehard fans demand more Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly Proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi Stomp grounds and pound footprints in solid rock Wu got it locked, performin live on your hottest block

5. Cold World

Yo - no time to freeze, undercovers ease up in Grand Prixs
and seize packages and pocket the currency Clicks control strips full clips are sprayed Yellow tape barricades sidewalks where bodies lay Madness strikes at twelve o'clock midnight Stick up kids on the ground broke the staircase light And I stays harassed, scramblin for petty cash Jakes on my ass young bucks is learnin fast 357's and 44's Bought inside corner stores, their fire sparks the wars Hospital floors surrounded by the law Homicide questioning while the Jakes guard the door My hood stay tense, loyalty puts strength in my team Cause niggaz main concern is CREAM Some niggaz in the jet black Gallant Shot up the Chinese resteraunt, for this kid named Lamont I thought he was dead but instead he missed a kid and hit a twelve year old girl in the head and then fled Tactical narcotic, task force, back off fast Cause the crime boss is passin off cash Extortions, for portions of streets, causes beef Havin followers of Indians trying to play Chief You witness the saga, casualties and drama Life is a script, I'm not a actor but the author of a modern day opera, where the main character is presidential paper, the dominant, factor


Unfortunately Inspectah Deck didn't live up to his potential as a solo artist, but maybe we expect too much. In the group and as a guest Deck always manages to shine and that's probably when he's at his best. Mostly at those time you'll hear his outstanding wordplay and rhyme style, cus it differs so much from others. The Rebel remains one of my favourites and therefor I hope the Clan will make another album on which he can shine.

No comments: