Sunday, March 18, 2007

Boston's finest, Edo G


As you can see in my list of most played son on the right Edo G has been getting a lot spins in the past year. The album My Own Worst Enemy is a couple years old already, but I like that grimey sound of Edo's voice and lyrics over some dope ass Pete Rock beats any day. One of the highlights is defenitely the first track of the album Boston. Some of the dopest lines spit in this Beantown anthem:

"I'm mad lethal never had equal / cus Boston is a great place to meet bad people"

"I'm telling truths and lies like a reverand /fellin love with hiphop at age 11"

"Too many stones unturned stories untold / the plot unfolds when Edo G push the threshold / I rock like Depeche Mode, Hiphop's best ode / Any club I'm in I'm disobeying the dresscode."

One of the guests on this album is Jaysaun, who quite impressed me. Sometimes rather unknown guests seem to be put on as a favour, but this cat really brings it. His delivery and lyrics are nice and complement Edo G quite well. He's featured on Just Call My Name and Pay the Price. As much as I like Diamond D, the track he did on this album, Streets is Calling sounds totally out of place and the beat is absolutely not what I like.
Krumb Snatcha drops some dope lyrics on Stop Dat. After all the grimey street talk Edo G teams up with Masta Ace for a nice mellow consious track, Wishing. I like the versatility it shows, cus rappers using the same topics over and over again bore the hell outta me.
Overall this album is very solid which I rate 4/5.

Boston: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fcnoxz